easy recipes for everyone!

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Recipes
for even the most culinary-challenged


Thursday, July 1, 2010

Welcome! Bonjour! Bienvenido! Benvenuto!

Hello and welcome! I am Allie and this is my cooking blog, How to NOT Suck at Cooking. Some people are naturally talented cooks, other people like to cook. Some people just really like to eat. I am in the last group! So, I have a modest goal: How to NOT suck at cooking.

I was born in Texas and then raised there and later in Germany, and now I live in a suburb of San Francisco with my husband and two little boys. The wonderful food here is one of the reasons we moved to San Francisco – my husband and I both REALLY like to eat great food. My husband is the type of cook who can whip up dinner and it is predictably good every time. He is reliable in the kitchen. I am… let's just say I am not a reliable cook. I read cookbooks like novels and I love to try new recipes, but what is common sense to naturally talented cooks is not common sense to me. Sometimes I have wild successes while other times we end up with the smoke alarm ringing, the dog howling, and my 5 year old asking if we can order pizza. This blog is for me to share my cooking adventures as I learn how to be a better cook. Maybe even a reliable cook. Really, I just want to NOT suck at cooking.

Please feel free to leave comments or email me! :)

4 comments:

  1. Great! It sounds delicious and I never knew you were supposed to remove that "stuff" on the back side of the ribs. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to follow your cooking adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that dessert! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete